Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Brief History in Art

Contact me at bstmstr44@gmail.com
2009

--

I have been doing freelance graphic design for most of my life. When I was in the 5th grade, the Pine Grove Elementary School administration asked me to illustrate the cover of their annual student handbook. Ever since then, I've been tapped to design or illustrate tons of original art for various schools I've attended.

Over the years, I've also submitted a lot of artwork to galleries, contests, and musicians. I earned my BFA degree from Endicott College in 2002. During the last 3 of my college years I completed 3 internships but was not fortunate enough to land a full-time job at any of them. So I did what I believed most people with a visual communications degree in a Post 9-11 world had to do, I became a door-to-door solicitor.

It took 3 years for me to burn out on outside sales. Snce then I've worn the hat of a CVS assistant manager and a database software developer and an underground rapper. I slowly started shifting my focus to making music in the 00's , but I never stopped designing. In fact, despite a few major hard drive crashes and faulty Zip Discs, I've managed to save the bulk of my work.

In the weeks to come, I will be sharing select portfolio pieces from my personal stash. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Criticism with cruel intentions is more likely on the internet, but it is what it is. Go ahead and tell me how you really feel, most of the time its better than getting no feedback at all. It is, after all, your world; I just live, scribble and make noise in it. ;)

-TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE