Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rage In Norway '96

Photo credit to TJ Larsen



I took these pics from the front row of a Rage Against the Machine concert at a festival on the Isle of Cafe in Oslo, Norway. Neil Young, Bad Religion, and Gov't Mule also performed, but Rage stole the show! The entire island (larger than a football stadium) turned into one gigantic mosh pit.



When the music started, I was instantly in the middle of a situation I wasn't ready for. I snapped as many pictures as I could with the disposable camera (most of them are blurry) and then fought my way through an endless crowd of vikings to safety.



That was the most intense situation I had been in to date. It was AWESOME. I was fortunate to see RATM one more time before they broke up, at the Great Woods Amphitheater in Mansfield, MA along with the Wung Tang Clan (minus ODB). Thats was in '98.



In 2000, I actually had tickets for a Rage/Beastie Boys event in hand, but one of the Beasties injured himself skateboarding and they postponed the show. Before it could be rescheduled, Rage had disbanded. I wasn't happy about that...



But... Seeing RATM in Norway was the ultimate! I've been telling that story for over 13 years. Good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE